Fight Gone Bad 5 at CrossFit Pleasanton
On September 25th CrossFit Pleasanton will host Fight Gone Bad 5. This great event raises money for the families of wounded and killed in action Police, Fire, and Military personnel. Money also goes to Lance Armstrong’s Live String charity. More information can be found at www.fgb.org
Join the CrossFit Pleasanton Team here. Or, donate to Paul’s page and the Team here.
We will run the workout in heats every half hour starting at 8am and finishing at noon on the 25th of September. Tell your Grandma to do it. Refer people that would like to sponsor or donate to the above link.
Here are the rules:
The CrossFit workout is ‘Fight Gone Bad.’ In this workout you spend one minute at each of five stations, resulting in a a five-minute round after which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. This event calls for three rounds. The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of ‘rotate,’ the athletes must move to the next station immediately. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower, where each calorie is one point.
The stations are:
1. Wall-ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
2. Sumo deadlift high-pull (Reps)
3. Box jump (Reps)
4. Push-press (Reps)
5. Row (Calories)
To compete in the workout, all participants must complete each of the following:
1. Register with their local CrossFit Affiliate by Wednesday, September 22, 2010.
2. Register at http://fgb5.org by Wednesday, September 22, 2010
3. Raise $150 or more in pledges by 6 am PDT on Sunday, September 26, 2010
4. All donations counting toward the awards must be received by 5 pm PDT on Friday, October 1, 2010.
5. Awards will be announced by 5pm PDT on Monday, October 4, 2010.
The four divisions are:
1. Class A: Standard Men = 75lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 20lb wall- ball and 20 inch box jump
2. Class B: Modified Men/Standard Women = 55lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 14lb wall-ball and 20 inch box Jump
3. Class C: Intermediate = 35lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 8lb wall-ball and 20 inch box Jump (step ups are okay)
4. Class D: Beginner/Kids = 15lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 4lb wall-ball (can be lowered to 8 foot target) and 10 inch box jumps
Awards are given on Individual, National, and Regional levels.
Individuals who raise $150 or more will receive an Official FGB 5 Event T-shirt after the event.
There are two divisions eligible for awards on the National and Regional levels:
* Affiliates with 25 or less Team Members.
* Affiliates with 26 or more Team Members.
National: The highest fundraising Affiliate in each division will receive a Grand Prize Package from our sponsors.
Regional: The highest fundraising Affiliate in each region in each division will receive a Traveling Trophy with their Affiliate name, the event name and the year they won on the plaque.