The last ‘bring a friend day’ was a smashing success! (Just remember to do the coaches a favor and follow the rules – see below)!
Right: Dumbbell power snatches – with quite a few MTZ Beavers I might add!
And here is a video of the final workout from that year. It was a close race but we were able to secure our team a berth at the CrossFit Games that year (you can we were a bit excited).
Mobility: Shoulder Mobility.
Skill Practice Warm Up: None (More time to get your visiting friends all set up!)
Workout: Partner workout. One person working at a time. Divide the work up any way you see fit.
1 min max reps at each station. Teams can start on any movement, but they must perform the movements in the correct order for the entire workout.
4 rounds (16 minutes total).
20′ sled push (MM teams: +140lbs, MF teams: +90lbs, FF teams: +50lbs), each 20′ push is worth TWO points!
Ring push up
Box step up-and-over (full hip extension required) (Advanced: 24”, Intermediate*: 20”, Novice: 12”)
Dumbbell power snatch (Advanced: 45lbs, Intermediate*: 25lbs, Novice: 15lbs)
*Women’s “As Prescribed” weights and reps (Rx)
Scaling Guide: 300 – 500 ‘reps’ (80-120 reps per round)
Coaching Tips: Make sure you have a plan for keeping track of reps! Use a nearby whiteboard, a paper, or even just a running total. DO NOT WRITE ON THE FLOOR OR THE RIGS WITH CHALK!
Remember that each team can choose which movement to start with, but you then must complete the workout in the prescribed order for 4 rounds. This will also help with equipment usage (since one lane can handle 4 teams if each team starts on a different movement).
Rotate with your partner often. Avoid going to failure until the last round. If one partner is much better at a movement (or just has more ‘gas in the tank’) let them do more of the work!
Compare To: New Workout!
‘Bring a Friend for Free Day’ Guidelines –
Today is bring a friend day!
Your friend can be new to CrossFitt, a ‘Vet’ from another gym, a Gym Rat tired of the lines at 24hr, a family member… anyone! We only ask a few things:
1. Make sure they have filled out the waiver BEFORE coming to the gym (Click here for the online waiver). IF you show up with them and they haven’t filled out a waiver, YOU will be responsible for doing 20 burpees on the spot!
2. They have to come with you to class (so you can show them around and make sure they have an awesome time).
3. This opportunity is only available to current DCFers bringing friends/family.
4. You are limited to 1 person (we want to do our best to maintain our 16 person class limit)!
5. You have to promise to not push them super hard and and try to make them hurl. It is also a good idea to make sure they have eaten something before they come so that they don’t pass out either.
6. We have planned a partner WOD so you’ll get to workout side by side with them!